Classroom Management Excellence
1/2 DAY - FULL DAY PROGRAM - RUN ON-SITE AT YOUR CAMPUS
- Quickly building credibility
- Managing student energy levels
- Understanding and refining your personal teaching style
- Multiple techniques to ensure students are responsive to questions
- Mastering your use of space
- Using props and physical objects to boost engagement
- Story telling to improve knowledge retention and comprehension
- Cold calling
- Technology tips and tricks including real-time quizzes via phone, timers & more
- Managing student group norms & behaviours with ground rules
Who should attend
Business school teaching staff of all levels of experience & seniority
PhD candidates who will be entering teaching roles in the future
Other staff members wishing to develop their skill base
- All participants will receive a learner workbook & summaries of the content covered during the workshop.
- Participants also will be given access to soft-copy materials relevant to the workshop.
One of the best classes I have ever taken. The facilitator was energetic, very well prepared and generous with sharing his knowledge and resources. I would strongly recommend this class to all PhD students and everyone else considering or already working with adult learners. Great fun and tons of useful material I can apply to my job!
PhD Candidate & Marketing Lecturer, HEC Paris
Gavin is a highly skilled educator and communicator and his session had much to offer in terms of how faculty can run and improve their teaching sessions.
Dr Philip Stiles, University of Cambridge
Assistant Professor, Sorbonne, Paris
Gavin knows all sorts of tricks and tips to engage students and to make learning experiences more interactive and more rewarding for both students and teachers. I have no doubts there are some teaching tools for everyone in Gavin’s arsenal.